Local Food Freedom Nevada County would like to invite you to an evening of information and dialogue regarding your freedoms and fundamental rights.
WHO DECIDES what we EAT, GROW & SELL?
Local Food Freedom Event
Friday March 23, 2012 7pm – 9pm
Nevada City Vets Hall
Shannon Biggs – Community Rights Advocate
Pattie Chelseth – Farmer whose small farm was targeted by FDA
Dale Jacobson – Chiropractor and health care advocate
Unbeknownst to many, our basic right to grow food and share with friends and neighbors, to have bake sales, potlucks, or a child’s lemonade stand, enter into contract with local farmers for healthy food, or simply buy an herbal cough syrup can no longer be taken for granted.
Recently, the FDA and court rulings have held that:
· There is no fundamental right to obtain any food we wish.
· There is no fundamental right to freedom of contract.
· There is no fundamental right to own and use a dairy cow or dairy herd.
· There is no fundamental right to consume the milk from one’s own cow.
· There is no fundamental right to board their cow at the farm of a farmer.
· There is no absolute right to produce and consume any particular food or feed it to our children.
· There is no deeply rooted historical tradition of unfettered access to foods of all kinds. Private contracts do not fall outside the scope of the State’s Police Power.
Because we are concerned about our beloved Nevada County, a diverse group of community stakeholders representing all political points of view are bringing this basic human rights issue before you.
It is our inalienable right to grow and consume our own food without government interference. We oppose regulating small farms out of existence and unwarranted raiding of the offices of honest, hard working citizens.
Please join us for an evening together, exploring our food rights and right to choose. Come and learn what we can do to protect our local rights!
Join the LFF-NC listserv for e-mail updates!